Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > used ms906, new owner
used ms906, new owner

653 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2024-01-01 02:28:07

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    JASONSPRAGG
    2023-02-12 21:07:16
     how do i change ownership of an autel maxisys ms906? i bought mine at a pawn shop and cant update it or renew service because i dont have the original owner's password and email

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    Hennie Ferreira

2023-02-15 13:18:01 (Reply to:JASONSPRAGG)

I also bought mine second hand. I would like to reset the device and register on my name but no help from Autel...

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    George Scherer

2023-12-19 01:56:05

Just contact Autel and ask for Transfer Ownership. They will need a receipt or a letter from previous owner stating it was sold. Must have model #, serial #, names of buyer & seller, price paid.

•   Level 5   
    (342) points
    witsend

2023-12-31 20:07:56 (Reply to:JASONSPRAGG)

There's always a risk of buying a scan tool from a pawn shop, that the tool could have been stolen. Do not buy the tool,or an update for the tool, unless you can run the serial number and password past the support team member to see if the tool has not been reported stolen, and can be updated and receive warranty support for your region.Support should have the email address that the tool was last registered under, and should  be able to contact that person to check if their tool was stolen or not, or if that isn't possible, maybe have them contact you after 30 days to see that it is not reported stolen, to let you know it seems ok to buy and update it.You get the serial number and password clicking settings app, scroll down to bottom left, click "about'.When you update the used tool, you call in, and  may be instructed by support to wipe the tool and memory card, so your email and all that can take on it first, then re-download all the vehicle software where you have reliable high speed internet

•   Level 5   
    (342) points
    witsend

2024-01-01 02:28:07 (Reply to:JASONSPRAGG)

There's always a risk of buying a scan tool from a pawn shop, that the tool could have been stolen. Do not buy the tool,or an update for the tool, unless you can run the serial number and password past the support team member to see if the tool has not been reported stolen, and can be updated and receive warranty support for your region.Support should have the email address that the tool was last registered under, and should  be able to contact that person to check if their tool was stolen or not, or if that isn't possible, maybe have them contact you after 30 days to see that it is not reported stolen, to let you know it seems ok to buy and update it.You get the serial number and password clicking settings app, scroll down to bottom left, click "about'.When you update the used tool, you call in, and  may be instructed by support to wipe the tool and memory card, so your email and all that can take on it first, then re-download all the vehicle software where you have reliable high speed internet
  Total1 Pages